winter protection for garden plants:
- mulch plant beds in the fall; dead leaves also work
- larger shrubs that can suffer from strong frost can be covered with fabric, all the way to the roots
- gently shake snow from conifers and evergreen shrubs
- bring porous containers inside to prevent cracking in frost
- bring those plants inside that are not winter hard
- winter hardy plants can stay in their pots as long as the planter is large enough; take into account that soil gets much colder in a container!
- in case of lack of rain or snow in winter, water the plants!
- if needed, wrap sensitive plants or plants exposed to cold and drying winds
Lavaux, Switzerland inspires me with its plants, flowers and vineyards... Our vineyard was planted around 2010. Since last year we have started to cultivate it.